Japanese culture is famous for its delectable cuisine that is loved by all globally. However, many people are unaware of the fact that this nation is also known for its alcoholic beverages that have a distinct taste. Spending quality time with friends and family is one of the favourite pass times of Japanese people. In recent years, “Sake” has risen to popularity in western countries and people prefer it over other popular brands in the market. Having said that, there are also many other Japanese alcoholic drinks that deserve your attention. Following is a list of a few such trending drinks:
- Hibiki Harmony Japanese Whiskey: This alcoholic drink is a meticulous blend of the finest select whiskies from the House of Suntory Whiskey. This whiskey consists of at least 10 malt and grain whiskies that are aged in different types of casks, from Suntory’s Yamazaki, Hakushu and Chita distilleries. This delicate blend has its own arsenal of aromas and flavours that stimulate your taste buds.
- Haku Japanese Vodka: This particular vodka is prepared using traditional methods that have been used in Japan since time immemorial. This drink is made from white rice and then bamboo charcoal filtered to impart a soft and mellow character to this vodka. This Japanese vodka has a floral aroma that transforms into a complex rice flavor that ends in a smooth finish.
- Kaiyo The Signature Mizunara Oak Japanese Whiskey: This fine Japanese whiskey is aged in Mizunara Oak barrels during its maturation process. It is made from malted barley, un-chillfiltered and goes through a three-month ocean maturation that helps reveal the unique flavor that is a specialty of Mizunara Oak.
- Toki Suntory Japanese Whiskey: Suntory Whiskey Toki is a vivid blend of carefully selected whiskies from the House of Suntory’s globally acclaimed Hakushu, Yamazaki and Chita distilleries. This whiskey features the quintessential characteristics of the Suntory blend which are reminiscent of the tradition and legacy of the House. Hakushu American White Oak Cask Malt Whiskey and Chita heavy-type grain whiskey are the two major pillars of this delectable blend that impart it exquisite balance, harmony and oneness.
- Nikka From The Barrel Japanese Whiskey: This whiskey was on the list of top 20 whiskies of 2018 by Whiskey Advocate. This Japanese whiskey consists of a surreal blend of multiple types of malt and grain. The blend is aged in used casks for around three to six months which helps deliver a full orchestra of flavours that satiate your taste buds.
Japanese alcoholic drinks differ from western drinks by a huge margin and have a distinct taste of their own. You experience satisfaction with every sip of Japanese whiskey which makes it an ideal candidate for your collection.